Angela Shinella Anderson-Turner

Angela Anderson-Turner

No matter what you called her, to have known her was to LOVE HER!

Angela Shinella Anderson Turner, blossomed into this world on September 19, 1960 in Galveston, Texas to Novilla Collins Anderson and Charlie Anderson.  Angela attended Texas City High School until 1977, when they moved to Las Vegas, Nevada where she graduated from Rancho High School with honors in 1978.  She then began working at the Golden Nugget Casino as a “change girl” and cashier while attending flight attendant school and then worked as a stewardess for American Airlines.  Angela loved the blues, dancing, cooking, baking, family and having a great time.  After the birth of her first child, Angela moved back to Texas where she later met her devoted spouse Gregory Dewayne Turner.  They were married on September 1, 1990 and were blessed with two more beautiful daughters.  She has always been the best homemaker, organizer, entrepreneur and that’s why everyone always called and depended on her.

Angela is preceded in death by her parents; sisters, Georgia Ann Norris, Girtha Dixon, and brother, Joe Lewis.

Angela is survived by her devoted husband, Gregory Dewayne Turner; daughters, Sheena “Shugg” Anderson, Chariss “Mia” Turner, and Patricia “Bre” Phillips (Miquel, Jr.); grandchildren, whom she adored Jericus “Duece” Williams, II, and Nyla Bre`Ann Thomas; siblings, Charles (ruby) Anderson, Katie (Floyd) Mayes, Lillian “Bushtail” Anderson, Cal Ray (Karen) Anderson, Melba L. Anderson, Anthony “D.D.” Anderson, Jessie (Clarence) Price; Aunt, Shirley Collins; cousins from Las Vegas, Jean, Shelia, Ethel, Michael; her Kitty “Bonnie”; numerous cousins from Louisiana and Detroit; best friend, sister, her children’s godmother Brenda McKinney-Lattimore; she had a host of nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews and a ton of friends who loved her dearly. 

Angela spent the last of her days laughing, cooking, dancing and enjoying her children, grandkids and husband.  God decided he needed another angel on the evening of June 14, 2019 and she surrendered to his call peacefully in her home.