Charlotte Ann Veronica Kerlegon

Charlotte Ann Kerlegon

Charlotte Ann Veronica Kerlegon was born in St. Martinville, Louisiana to Gabriel and Rita Kerlegan November 8, 1950.  She was baptized at an early age at Holy Rosary Catholic Chruch where she received her first communion and confirmation.  She graduated from Ball High School in 1969 and attended Southwestern Business College where she received her Associate degree in Business.  After graduation, she started working at Uneeda Cleaners as a seamstress.

Charlotte successfully completed the courses of study at Galveston College for the Galveston County Sheriff Academy in 1979.  She started at the Galveston County Sheriff Department as a dispatcher and later was promoted to Lieutenant until she retired in 2011 with 32 years of service.

Charlotte’s favorite pastimes were reading books on her Kindle, playing Bingo, watching television, going out to dinner and hanging with her family and friends.  She had a giving heart donating monthly to various charities.

Charlotte was known all over Galveston County and was a mother to many.

Charlotte was preceded in death by her husband, Tommy Jackson; daughter, Tommyka Jackson; parents, Gabriel and Rita Kerlegan; sister from another mother, Etta Jacquo and brother-in-law, Willis Guidry.

Charlotte leaves precious memories with her sisters, Nellie Williams, Deborah Avie-Elliott (Don), Rita Robbins (Calvin) and Sheila Guidry; brothers, Ambroise, Larry (Annissia) and Harry Kerlegan; nephews, William, Michael, Gabriel, Joshua, Donald, Isiah, Larry, Anthony and Lee Paul; nieces, Erica, Aneisa, Brittany, Fendi, Amanda and her sunshine Halle; uncles and aunts, Calden and Marion Francis, Willie Mae Ambroise and Thomasine Louvier (Norris); devoted friends, Irma and Mary Duvall and a host of great-nieces, great-nephews, cousins, family, friends and colleagues.

There will be a public visitation held on Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 11am at Greater Barbour’s Chapel Baptist Church with a service to begin at 1pm and burial to follow at Forest Park East located in Webster, Texas.